Friday, November 09, 2007

Exam & Holiday Log

There was this episode in Alladin, where there is a desert pirate who is chasing a desert whale monster, and at the end he catches it and then he lets it go. And in a later episode he finds that the monster has been killed, and he has nothing to do any longer.

I wouldnt say that I miss the monster in my case, but still its like a monster dead. I have been doing this forever. I started out way back in June 2002, when I had cleared my 12th. Over the years, I have always disliked the whole studying process in CA. And there was a time in 2004, when I thought I was gonna quit, but unluckily I passed and had to go on.

The exams were pretty good uptil today. I knew last night at around 11pm that I was dead. I had left too much of the course for luck. Well, atleast I got the invigilator all curious by my antics. Banging my head down at regular intervals in comical frustration, she was observing me all the time. Hehehe. Plus all those funny emotions I can generate on my face, of anguish, pain, amazement and laughter while writing the exam all adds up.

The first exam, I took out my watch from the pocket only to find that it wasnt working. And I let out a semi-loud laughter. Boy, I seem to be talking to myself a lot lately. Just as the exam was to start the National Anthem started in the school, and my first instinct was to stand up, but it happens sometimes that u get stuck and don't move up even when you want to. Only one girl was standing from all of us CA students, what a shame. Really brave and decisive of her too.

And the first exam turned out to be so easy. It was one of those exams that are so easy that you're afraid you will mess them up. And then the second one was a typical MICS exam. And the third one was the most intense exam, where its sometimes a hard paper overall but you seem to have studied all the right things and you're just overflowing with the answers. Hard to control that. And then the last was as I said before. I was ticking off as usual the marks I covered, I think I knew only 62% of the paper.

Well what did we do in all these 3 and a half months. Technically it was only one month really. Cos the DT classes ended on 24th september. Well lets see, I finished two rpg games, chrono cross and final fantasy 8. Chrono Cross story can make CA study look easy. It's probably the most complicated story ever of a computer game. I mean if have tried to explain the story to myself but failed, so you can imagine what it is like. An average sequel to an amazing game.

Then there was final fantasy 8. If I told someone from those giving the exams that I finished Final Fantasy 8 (like they know what that is) at 1 a.m. on the 3rd November, then no one would believe me. But that was the case, at exact 1.30 am on 3rd November, the ending credits of the game rolled down. I only have one word to say for the same - YUCK!!! But then why did I finish it at 1.30 3 days before my exam? I don't know!! I guess I just had to find out how horrible it was. A Game that is based on a crappy love story! Oh man! I would really hate girls like Rinoa in real life too. I just loved that song - Eyes on Me, but by playing that game that song has been desecrated. It was actually one of the first things I did after I finished the game, delete the Eyes on Me video from my mobile.

Ok so didnt we study?? Well I did and whenever I did it was really intense stuff. I mean how I pulled off Operational Research was amazing. And how I used the internet in my studies was amazing. When I couldnt get that simplex problem, I searched out the net for a question like that. Finally I discovered that my notes had mislead me. And then the time when we linked all of Income Tax beautifully. I loved doing that too. I mean yeah sure, I don't like CA as a whole, but some parts are really logical and good. And if we work hard at anything we're bound to do well. If I fail, which is quite likely cos of the last exams, one can look back and say that you failed cos you were playing computer games at night. But I know that I tried really hard in patches too, but just like Nathan Astle said on his retirement - the intensity wasnt the same.

Well there are no more classes to run to now. I still have to finish my training and I think I ate too many chocolates and put on some weight, so I gotta shed that too! Hehehe! And well, I hope I find the pencils soon, and then yeah will buy loads of books when I get back. I also kinda ended up cutting up myself off from almost everyone. That I dont really care anymore about. I know I have been angry at my efforts but then I was thinking would I trade off being me for something more social? And the answer was - Are you kidding, no way!!!!!

No comments: