Sunday, August 24, 2008

Dreams Compromised?? - Part III - The Beach

I was staring out of the bus window, during one of those innumerable tiring journeys taking me back to home. All of the sudden I remembered the beach - Kovalam Beach. I had almost forgotten that day. Now that Leena and Ashish were leaving for Lucknow, the day came back to me strongly. It was a wonderful day. There were a lot of firsts that day. I walked on a beach amidst rain and a very strong wind. I climbed on top of the lighthouse, and was very scared to step outside. It was my idea to go up that lighthouse and the other three were quite skeptical about it. Taking even one step towards the lighthouse required a lot of effort, such was the wind. But I convinced them to go there.

And I also did see a lady in a bikini for the first time. Two in fact. Maybe even more, but there are only two I can recall. There was one very pretty firangi couple. First we saw them individually and mentioned how lovely a pair would both of them make together. And it turned out that they were a pair. It was a very beautiful day.

I was frantically messaging Avi from the top of the lighthouse. It was a wonderful sight. She told me to wish for anything and write in the sand and watch the waves wash it away. 'It would definitely come true', she had said. I forget what I wrote now. Then at evening we got in a public bus and went back to the city. I would like to go back to that day someday.

On a side note, writing has become painfully exhaustingly tough for me these days. Even when I do have time, writing is the most difficult thing to do now. It's like I can't look at this blog anymore. It just haunts me, and ridicules me. I can't talk to myself these days, that haunts me too. I wanna look myself in the eye, but I can't do that. I have betrayed myself.

Under the spreading chestnut tree
I sold you and you sold me
There lie they, and here lie we
Under the spreading chestnut tree

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yea well i ll stick to wat i blv .... tat those wishes DOOOOOOO come true !!!! u dont even knw but some how u set d things in2 motion tat day .... tats y u shud read more coelho :P