Thursday, December 10, 2009

Of "Shanelle" and Stuff

This was a new week in a new organization. God, why do they have these induction programmes. Its always the same - GMCS, ILP, here, wherever.

So just my luck again, it normally doesn't happen here, but on this occasion there are around 12-15 people to be inducted all the same time. Awful. More the people, more the nonsense. And then before you can even get a grip of what is going on, you discover that there are somehow Pre-Made Groups, which have imported into this organization.

The star attraction was this group of college graduated from SRCC. Three girls and a guy. Up class kiddos (not their fault!). And they really got on my nerves. I don't know why these kinda people do. One of them goes - Oh I couldn't find that dress at shanelle (Chanel for me)...and - have you had caviar....


Whatever....Maybe, just maybe, I don't fit into this corporate stuff. I can't fake it here. I really wanna be somewhere warmer, with people I am comfortable with (if they exist), and not talk about superficial things. There are these other people, who pretend to be who they are not, apart from a couple of them. And then of course there is this prettier girl, who will get preferred (she actually is), and people will wanna talk to her and help her out. If I survive the first 6 months here, a mental and a written note - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, don't change your Job before 5 years atleast...

And then today the technical training started. It's quite different. I don't know if I will get the hang of it soon enough. I was actually trying to put everything in perspective with a Software Development Life Cycle. Funny way to look at things. But yeah its like relating things.

And then I got my seat today. It's at really awful place. Behind me sits a guy, who probably is a CA too, and he seems to be like a real suck up guy to me. Not genuinely nice at all. Then there are these 2 ladies sitting to the right. I asked one of them for help on configuring my system, and of course the standard reply was to contact the IT department. That's OK though. But then she asks me, why I haven't left as the cabs are about to leave. I say I live nearby. She couldn't understand, so I repeat again - I live nearby so I don't need a cab. She actually asks the other girl - What is he saying? THAT was incredible. I think I was speaking audibly enough and wasn't mumbling. And I went red in the ears. God! Kiddo, you are a grown up guy. Stop being embarrassed. The other girl of course wasn't as deaf, so she told her what I said.

So, there is more training till next friday. God help me.

This place is already started to get to my nerves. I don't think I will survive here...

Random Thought#678 : Oh yeah, I also realised that I have completely stopped watching television. I don't watch any from Monday to Friday. Wow! Incredible! I don't feel the need to watch television anymore. That's really weird. Television is like the only possible urban thing to do. I am getting really weird. By the way, watching television kills brain cells, provided you have any....

No comments: