Sunday, August 12, 2007

God in a Box


(This is a fictional story and any characters that have any sort of resembalance to any person dead or alive is a mere coincidence and never intended by the writer)



God in a box watches this world....

My head is spinning. Or the room is spinning. Or maybe the whole world is spinning. I haven't been to work for 6 days now. My mobile has ran out of power after the barrage of missed calls and messages from them. The last one I read yesterday was maybe - "Ur fired if u don't show up today". Why haven't I got up today?

God in a box runs this world....

Why havent things changed all these years? Why am I asking myself such questions? The landline phone is ringing, I havent picked it up for 3 days now. Last time around it was my mother, she wanted to know why I havent been replying to any of their calls or messages and why haven't I come home. I don't quite know why. Empty beer bottles on the floor are staring at me. Last sunday was it? Yes....I suppose, I have lost count of days now. The shopkeeper was surprised too. He's probably never seen me picking up beer...

God in a box guards over us....

Scenes from a movie. No....It's more like a distant past. I think so. Maybe....
A girl - You know what.....I think I love you...
A boy - Ok.
A girl - ok? Is that all?
A boy - What am I suppose to say?
A girl - I....nothing I guess.....
A girl - I love you!
A boy - Are you sure?
A girl - I am sure, are you not sure?
A boy - I don't know....What if it's not love and just some temporary phase...
A girl - I don't know....
A boy - I am not ready for love....I need to find about my life first.....
A girl - I am sorry, I was just kidding....
A boy - Yeah, thank god! You got me there for a moment....

And then darkness faded over, and I cud'nt quite see the girl and the boy. Who were they? There's still some beer left in that bottle, but its too far, I can't move...I need to stand up and turn the light on. Stop this madness. You've gone too far. Return to the sensible world. What would the neighbours think? Get up....wash ur face....

God in the box makes us stand....

I can't get up...But I have to. I somehow make it to the mirror. It's dark. But there's light streaming into the room. I can see my face, but I don't really recognize it anymore. I look hard into my eye, is there anyone still there. Don't help them to bury the light, don't give in without a fight. Noooo, what am I fighting for....I turn on the light, I haven't seen light for days now I suppose.

God in a box gives us hope.....

Maybe I can find her, and she can help me understand. It's been five years. I haven't talked to her in five years now. I need to drive over to her place....I am in no condition to drive...I think I can....I check my clothes....I wash my face, I stare at my face.....I get the keys....I lock the door....I walk down the stairs....

God in a box forgives us.....

I haven't driven for days now. Can I handle this thing? I can, I think so.... Illuminated roads, illuminated cars, illuminated souls? Everyone is rushing back to get somewhere...Home? Yes home definetely. Where's my home? I could'nt call that my home, and I could either call that my home. Strange isnt it. I am getting old and I need something to rely on. Why are these songs troubling me? Just get them out of my head please...

I have been driving for almost an hour, and here I am. This is supposed to be it. That's her apartment. It's festive season. Lights all around. Not my lights though. Isnt it amazing that sometimes you can run the whole 99 miles, but at the last mile you stop and wonder - why exactly am I here? Makes no sense. Butterflies in my stomach. What if she's not here anymore? What if she doesnt even remember me? What if she's married by now? She said - "whenever in your life you get drunk, you call me up!" I promised that and I am just keeping a promise I suppose...

God in a box is trapped in the box??

I ring the bell? Will it be her? I dont know! Butterflies....No....It's someone else.....It's her parents.....She's died six days back....

God in a box is not in the box......

No comments: