Friday, December 14, 2007

Sinking in Music


A song is like this wave, and each wave is of different size, different taste, and hits you in a different way. For me songs take time to sink in. Some sink in earlier than others. Some never sink I guess.

It's this sad energyless aura here. It's ok, I like this aura. It's probably the 50th time I have played this song - Look What You've Done by Bread. It's not that great a song. But its kinda sad but not emotional sad, just kinda sad. I like the guitar in the start of the song. It's good. And the voice is sad but steady. David Gates I think. He's got a good voice for these kind of songs. All their songs are kinda based on love, except Guitar Man. "There is someone you ought to meet, its me Mr.Incomplete, look at what I've become". Yeah right. But not the reasons cited in the song. In the middle the song becomes loud, somewhat loud, I didnt like it the first time I heard it. And I deleted the song. But I was just singing it this morning, and I knew I had to give it another chance. And now I think that part has its own purpose, and I like it too. Wish I could play the guitar like this song, ting ting ting ting ting :(

There was another song by the same name by Jet. I didnt like that song the first few lines I heard. Usually I decide by that and I don't go on till the end. Which is a bad thing to do ofcourse. Like I totally rejected - Find the River, when I first heard the first two lines. But I reheard it a few weeks later, to find that it was right up there with my top favourite ever. So, the conclusion is, don't be judgemental. About people, about things, about life, about everything.

Talking to your ownself is like having a best friend and a real bad enemy at the same time. But I like it that way. Like those cartoons, where an angel and devil reside on the shoulders. And the devil would poke away the angel. And make you do bad things. He he. I guess that happens to everyone. The devil has his own purpose, and its not for us to drive him away, just keep him under check. What do I wanna write about? What am I writing!! I don't know...........Ahh lets sleep.....

1 comment:

Wanderer Lady said...

hi! thank you for dropping by my blog. i guess you have questions about life yourself. it's a mystery and a joy but the journey of uncertainty is certainly more exciting and challenging. whether time comes to our aide, it's up to us really ...