Tuesday, May 15, 2007

The Search for the Sunken Shoe

A ship sinks, a boat sinks, a whole fleet sinks and sometimes just a shoe sinks. Sometimes the shoe remains sunk and sometimes someone fishing finds it. But that may take days, months and sometimes even years. And have you ever thought what the shoe is thinking all that time, waiting to be retrieved from the waters it has been condemned to. I don’t know what a sunken shoe thinks because I have never met one. But I do have a fair idea of what it would think and I only have to confirm my beliefs.My life is sinking. I don’t know why. But more importantly has it sunk or is it sinking. I am not sure. If a shoe were sinking how would it know how far it has gone down. Surely it wouldn’t have known that beforehand. Every meter it goes down it would feel that the end is near. As for me, I am no shoe. But I do wish I were a shoe.

No comments: